- Rick at Flip Chart Fairy Tales writes about “Are HR Professionals Ready for the Recession?”.
- Chris Young at the Maximize Possibility blog feels that “Succession Planning is a Fiduciary Responsibility.” Extremely thought provoking post, given how important leadership has become for perceptions about the company and its performance. See my earlier post on “Steve Job’s Worth to the Shareholders.”
- Anna Farmery has a powerful thought for 2009 for all professionals.
- Fistful of Talent tells us why “small” is still important, when it comes to creating an organizational culture. It is really the small things that make the difference.
- Comp Force feels that variable pay might be your best strategy for 2009. And, I for sure, completely agree with this.
- Taleo blog remids us of the importance of global talent pools and how it can address workforce shortages. Companies really need to look out and tap these resources.
- Needless to say, I am still quite fascinated with my idea of a “market for employee benefits” and am looking at further inputs to refine and implement. Please do share your thoughts with me.
- Finally, I need to committ myself to picking up and reading some of these top leadership and management development books of 2008.