And finally! Finally, the year is coming to an end. It has been a long, tough year for many of us. And, it’s the time for me to reflect back.
Overall, this has been a great year for this blog, as I got more and more readers and was featured on Alltop as one of the top bloggers on HR. I thought it will be a good idea to put together a list of the most interesting and popular posts for 2009.
- So, you have an employee engagement program. But have you looked at the key ingredients of a successful engagement program?
- We all intuitively understand motivation. But, let’s get the basics straight and evaluate all motivational initiatives against these simple criteria.
- Are performance appraisals any good? Find out.
- Should your employee engagement program focus on workgroups or enterprise level factors? My 2 cents.
- Still. Still, hard-nosed executives don’t buy into the concept of employee engagement. Here are some data to make your point.
- The economic climate took us all through a journey like no other. Here are some thoughts on managing through it
- It is super critical to understand what drives employee engagement. Remember, your organization has its own set of unique drivers.
- “We are not ready for something like engagement” – is the statement you hear several executives making, especially when they are not so confident of internal HR processes. But, it does not matter. You need to focus on employee engagement.
- One of the toughest bits about employee engagement initiatives is “accountability”. Here is an example of how a company did it very well.
- And another potential framework for moving from insights to action.
- Yes, I can hear that – “We need a better HR team“! And maybe, this team should even have an “HR Blog”!
- If you are a people manager, please try to remain accessible by following these simple tips. It means a lot to your people.
- Have you thought about crossing the concepts of employee engagement and employee well-being? Who knows, your engagement strategy may be unsustainable!
I hope you enjoy reading this blog and I will endeavour to create meaningful content going forward into 2010. You can subscribe to this blog by grabbing the feed or even by getting fresh posts delivered to your email instantly. It’s dead simple!
Finally, you could always connect with me across different social media websites (like Twitter, LinkedIn etc.) by going to this page.
Happy holidays! And have a great 2010!