The ever-growing Employee Engagement network has come up with yet another free e-book containing simple advice for managers to boost employee engagement.
I have quite a few pieces of ‘one-sentence’ advices in the book:
– Communicating “what” is not enough – explain the “why” behind everything.
– Remember that employees are human first; seek to build what matters the most to humans – personal relationships.
– When employees come to talk to you, do not carry the “I am very busy” look.
– Two ears, one mouth – listen more than you speak!
– Tell people why their roles matter to the organization. Teach them the “vital signs” of the business.