Here are a few interesting reads I came across in the last few weeks:
- At Harvard Business Review, Adam Richardson writes about using Customer Journey Maps to improve Customer Experiences. I highly recommend this approach which allows you to understand and optimize your customer touch-points.
- The SystematicHR blog urges HR professionals to develop their own linkage analyses to show the impact of HR activities / initiatives on business outcomes. What is the point of running initiatives after initiatives if we cannot articulate its impact on the business!
- Mary Lorenz touches upon How NOT to Motivate People!
- From the Bersin & Associates blog, here is an interesting piece on why is it hard to hire during a economic recovery.
- How about rejuvenating capitalism? Is it dead in the wake of one of the biggest crises that hit us over the last couple of years? Gary Hamel shares his thought on “Capitalism is Dead. Long Live Capitalism.”
- Julian Birkinshaw takes a closer view of management. What happened to it, how it lost credibility and what is the future?
- If you are an Enterprise 2.0 advocate working in a traditional organization and you want to implement “social tools”, what would be your argument? Gautam Ghosh shares his thoughts.